November 10, 2008

Grandpa Lowell's Graduation and Family

This weekend was bitter sweet. We had Grandpa Lowell's funeral which was hard, he just didn't look like grandpa. It was weird to see him and not hear a funny "Lowellism" as dad called them.
Not to have him ask to hug you from the left so you're hugging heart to heart, not to hear him talk about his angel....now he's her angel. It's just surreal.

It was really nice to have family down, Harlie had tons of fun with her cousins, and she will miss them very much. It was cute to see Summit and Luke getting in to Grandma Campbell's cupboards side by side both wearing Orange shirts , Summit only slightly taller. We made pizza, well mostly just Heather but we all helped a little. Heather is an amazing cook it is fun to watch her in action, like watching an episode of Take home Chef...she just does her thing and makes it look easy. It was nice to see Nathan...and hear a little about Dodi and the kids...We don't get to see near enough of them.
It was fun to see Jared and Carrie, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought none of us would get the chance to see Carrie while she was expecting. She has an amazing glow about her normally it was cute to see it magnified. The boys (meaning our husbands) went out and rode Tyson's moter cycle...possibly it's last outting before winter hits. And they had so much fun bonding. I didn't take pictures...I was too wrapped up in everything. I think some of the other family did though...Anyway I'm tired and should be done with this post. Hey everyone who wasn't named...it was good to see you too!!

3 comments:

The Bradshaw Family said...

Hey Dee
Cute blog!!! Thanks for checking out mine, I am new at this so I just posted new photos. This a fun way to keep in touch and see how darling your kids are! We need to get together!! Email me Bec

Carrie said...

Thanks for the kind words Dee. I believe Jared has some photos of the boys on Tyson's bike, I will have him send some to you. It was great seeing you Tyson and your cute kiddies this past weekend.

Keely said...

Sorry to hear about Grandpa Lowell... But, It sure does look like you guys had a great time with family!