April 25, 2014

A Day At The Ball Park.

I have to share something, we have been having a particularly difficult time with our little adopted daughter lately and for my hubby's birthday we got tickets via discount tire for a Bee's game so as we were getting ready to leave my mom offered to keep Sarah, since outings like that tend to trigger her and then the whole outing turns into keeping her on tight restriction. Anyway so we left her home to go get a kids meal and spend time with Grandma. We normally park in a business parking  lot to the west of the stadium and so this time we were surprised to see that it was under new ownership and the new company was asking for voluntary donations of any amount for their foundation to help kids healing from trauma...needless to say we said yes and donated. As we parked and walked past the building I saw two women standing there and asked them if they worked with this foundation and one of them said she started it. I told them thank you for creating this because families like mine need it, that I have a kid who has had a traumatic childhood and explained some of what we were dealing with, both the lady and I were in tears and choked up as she said "she is the kind of child I created this for" All I could say was thank you and walked away.
This place is called "The Utah House" and is run by St Anthony's Church, however they take children and families of any race or religion. They take medicaid and can work with insurance, they provide therapy and other resources for children who have suffered abuse and trauma. I am so glad resources like this exist.

http://www.utahhousetreatmentprograms.com

No comments: