December 31, 2017

2017 in review

I could say 2017 was the worst year of my entire life, but that isn't accurate or fair. In 2017 so much happened.
The year started off with Tyson getting the courage to start college for a second time. We made the decision to  have Sarah start taking the missionary discussions. I had emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder due to some horrible pain I was in for a very long time, and once I healed from the surgery I felt so much better. Sarah was baptised in February. Tyson and I celebrated our 14th year of marriage. Tyson left Discount Tire, and started a job with the Hunstman Cancer center.  My job has gone extremely well, and I feel it's been a year of making a name for myself within  the company. My kids had a fun summer swimming most of it. Madison was baptised the weekend she turned 8. Harlie got to go to her first girls camp. We had a huge Campbell family camping trip/ Family reunion. Harlie started Middle school  with honors classes. Lucas started 5th grade, Sarah started 4th and Madi 3rd.
Tyson and I bought  a brand new camping trailer, we even got it in time to take it to bear lake at the beginning of September.
September 13th my little sister passed away, while it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do,  I had the opportunity to memorialize her in both her obituary, and along side Becca at her funeral eulogy. I had the opportunity with my mom and sisters (Becca, Brittany, Steph and Taisha) to dress and help prepare her for burial. I also got to talk to my brother Michael who I haven't seen or heard from since my dad died 8 years ago. I had the opportunity to see my fractured family pull together to honor their sister and support each other.  My mom had major surgery and I got to be her person, and realize how important my role is in her life.  This year did not end amazing, quite the opposite. The past few months have been some of the hardest in my life, but I can't say they have also been very eye opening as to our support system through trial, and our resilience to continue on.  However I am hopeful 2018 will be a year of love, laughter and hope.

No comments: