April 27, 2013

Just like any other mom and daughter in the world

"The important thing for you as a mom is to be there for your daughter, and let her know the door is always open if she wants to talk, now or in the future." Unknown Author

I saw a glimpse at who Tink is underneath all that "stuff" today, and she was amazing. We have been working really hard with boundaries and watching what we say to and around her so for the day I let her be free from the blanket (hey we all need a free day right?) partly because she has earned it and partly because I just didn't have it in me today. She was amazing! She had a genuine personality with a real smile to match, I say real smile because it was the kind that came from her heart. While I was working on homework at my mom's house, I could hear Tink starting to get worked up and instead of reminding her to settle down I asked her to bring a coloring book and crayons and come color beside me, "just me and you time?" she asked, "sort of, I still have homework to finish" I explained, but it didn't seem to matter I am wearing doterra's "balance" on my spine, wrists and heart and the scent helps me keep my emotions "balanced" but I think it and the fact that I was regulating her, so we sat there coloring and making small talk about crayons and mom's artwork on the computer, just like any other mom and daughter in the world...

No comments: