May 12, 2013

The ChaCha

We've been doing a lot of 3 steps forward 2 steps back recently, but for the most part progress is still progress. Mr Max did a compliance test to see where Tink is at right now. This test consisted of a box of toys with 9 instruction cards, he had his back to us but was listening. I had to go in order and they were things like Play with these two stuffed animals together, build something with the blocks and then give her the same blocks to copy what you built,  put lotion on each others hands etc. He said he still see's her struggling to control but that he also see's a lot of progress. Compliance builds respect which builds trust which leads to attachment, and more of a future for Tink, but also less of a happy childhood she has taken away from her. My mom told me the other day that it seem's as though we almost have to tear her down so to speak in order to put things back together in the right way. I agree, I have had to become a type of mom I didn't want to be, in order to be what Tink needs to heal. In the end I know where we are going with her is the best and only way really that she gets a chance. It isn't easy, it isn't fun, but it will be worth it.

No comments: